Link: Yahoo caught censoring Open Sauce

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Feb 1 20:09:17 GMT 2008

Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:

> Andy spake thusly:
>> On 31/01/2008, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's more like the refuse to offer. They Pidgin does everything but
>>> voice/video, which they're flat out refusing to code.
>>
>> You don't need "them" to code it. This is Open Source, any coder can
>> code it. Just persuade someone outside of Pidgin to code the feature
>> for you.
>
> Every time I see that kind of response, I want to punch somebody (and
> I'm not even the one you're responding to).

Yeah, but you're an angrykeyboarder, so I guess that's not surprising.  :-)

What annoys me is posters who say things like "they're flat out refusing to
code" about OSS (OK, I've probably done it myself - nobody's perfect).
They're volunteers, they don't _have_ to code anything.  If you don't like
it, you can use something else or code it yourself.
--
derek