Ubuntu usability test

Brian Fahrlander wheeldweller at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:57:37 GMT 2008

Ari Torhamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a small, but interesting usability test done on Ubuntu 8.04.1,
> with some recommendations on how to improve the user interface:
> http://fitekker.blogspot.com/2008/12/ubuntu-usability.html

    Hey, when does Windows start doing these?  Have you used a thumb
drive on their stuff, then used it on ours? Big difference!

    There might be spots we see as rough, but Windows is meeting us
going the other way, getting rougher as they go.

    A similar situation exists in hardware. Once upon a time, Microsoft
called the tune in hardware. Everything written for them. But at a tech
center for which I contract, we find hardware that won't successfully
run Windows, but they run Linux like crazy. And since we never throw
code away, it all just keeps getting more and more polished.  One day,
not so far from now, no one will be able to compete with us.

    Thanks for the link.

 Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
 Evansville, IN                               http://CounterMoon.org/bio
 ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller