Learning tricks with Gmail

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 00:44:29 GMT 2008

"Chris Mohler" <cr33dog at gmail.com>  said:
> Of course, since you have never taken friendly (or not-so-friendly)
> advice before, I don't think you're going to stop - so could you at
> least try to be *civil*?    Steve has a valid point - you often post
> things here that have *nothing* do do with Ubuntu.
>
> Chris

Instead of just friendly or not-so-friendly advice how about an option?

I'm guilty enough of an occasional off-topic post but may I still
suggest that you, Karl, at least consider posting  subjects that don't
strictly apply to technical support of Ubuntu to the sounder list
instead of here?

sounder at lists.ubuntu.com

Here's a quote from the site:
"sounder -- Ubuntu community random chit-chat list

About sounder
English (USA)

Anything goes Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list"

Personally I'd like to see more traffic on that list as I'm sure there
are those around here who would not mind different topics of posts from
Ubuntu users but they really don't belong here.

(posted to both tech-sup and chitchat, replies directed to
chitchat (sounder))

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.