Hardy Heron limited edition Tee shirt

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon Apr 28 20:21:21 BST 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:22:55 +0200, Cybe R. Wizard
<cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I ordered one of these in size xx large a couple of day ago from
> <https://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=189&osCsid=1cb17736bd8085c533820ec600bf9189>.
> Now the page doesn't even show it as an option while all other sizes
> are out-of-stock.
> Yes, they are limited edition but what I want to know is did I really
> buy a Tee shirt or was the size xx large not supposed to be there in
> the first place?
>
> BTW, the 8.04 release is truly great for me so far.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

wow, how could the people who made the great Ubuntu make such a terrible
online store?
all I wanted to do was see what they had to offer, but was forced to
log-on before even getting to see the store.
Then I was redirected at least 10 times through the same openID process,
and even though I signed in with my launchpad details from the start, it
still wasn't enough, i couldn't get to see a T-shirt without having to
complete a longwinded full-address sign-in for another new user's account
on the store site again...
And all those security best-practice guidelines have been well ignored in
this store. Errors like "Authentication failed. Server reported: Nonce
already used or out of range" give way too much info away.
In the end I gave up, I'l stick with a mug from my local Ubuntu user's
group.

Richard