Bottom Posting Email Clients?

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 06:16:49 BST 2008

Matthew Clarke Wrote:

> In honour of the epic (again) thread on ubuntu-users about top-posting, I
> was wondering if there are any email clients that allow you to select text
> in a message, and then when you click 'reply' it auto-quotes that selection

I'm replying to your message exactly that way using Claws-Mail 3.3.1
and a reply template. Selected the above three lines, hit "reply"
and started typing. :)

The template I'm using is folder specific by the way, so you can
do this differently for each group/list/etc. I sort Sounder into its
own folder as I do all mailing lists. Right clicked that folder,
properties, templates, the reply tab... and used this:

[cut]
%N Wrote:

%q

%X
[cut]

FWIW, %N is full name, %q is quoted text minus the sig, and %X is
the cursor position.

You can also select a folder and apply a template to all
sub-folders, so if you can configure this "in bulk" according to
your mail folder hierarchy.