Ubuntu Blueprints Magazine

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Tue Sep 18 03:01:18 BST 2007

On ti, 2007-09-18 at 05:35 +0800, Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an idea!
>
> Why not a newsletter magazine that features the future possibilities
> of Ubuntu, Linux and Open Source.
> More like the science-fiction news about technology, Ubuntu and open
> source.
>
> To start with, there's hundreds of blueprints, specs, implementations,
> software for Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc. and if they are implemented,
> how cool will it be, not only for Ubuntu, but also on Linux in
> general, so the news will tackle about those cool new features.
>
> Also, new open source technologies in areas of Filesystems, compilers,
> kernels, databases, servers, UI, etc, will be discussed.
>
> Does anyone think it's a good idea?

A very good idea. I find this kind of things very interesting and I
would definitely be a regular reader. At present this type of
information can be found on different project web sites, occasional
articles and news items around the net, and you often stumble on them
just by luck.

It would also be nice to have things presented in a way that one
wouldn't have to be a hard core techie to understand them.

Regards,

Ari Torhamo