Social Experiment

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Sun Sep 16 09:12:40 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 18:27 -0400, Cyrus Jones wrote:
> People by nature resist change, even if it is good. Change happens
> when either the change is impossible to resist or much, much better
> than the current state. But gradually, we can make change.
>
> I'd like to hear what happens and the comments people say (like if
> they say you have a cheap, free OS while I have the real thing
> [-Windows]).

I have an answer to that one. If you compare the prices of two identical
bits of hardware from the same vendor where the operating system differs
- Windows on one, Linux on the other. The Windows PC will be cheaper.
Since Linux costs nothing, Windows has a negative value and removing
Windows from your computers actually increases the value of your
company's assets by a significant amount.

Then watch their faces screw up as they try to work out the logical
fallacy ;) I wonder if Enron ever thought to do this?

--
Tristan Wibberley

Any opinion expressed is mine (or else I'm playing devils advocate for
the sake of a good argument). My employer had nothing to do with this
communication.