OSI Approves Microsoft Licenses

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Oct 21 20:39:05 BST 2007

Richard A. Johnson spake thusly:
> On Friday 19 October 2007, Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:
> | http://opensource.org/node/209
> |
> | Freaky
>
> (E) The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it.
>
> They need to stamp this on all of their software :)  At least these 2 licenses
> though weren't like the others they are trying to get through. I believe
> there is one that said "for the MS platform only." The 2 licenses they just
> got approved are strikingly similar to the other thousand or so OSI licenses.
> The only reason MS did this was to obviously be able to use the Open Source
> logo on their website. So as they continue attacking Linux, they can make the
> others who don't understand it, to feel as if MS isn't all big and bad like
> we say they are. Interesting, yet e.tarded at the same time.

Just out of curiosity...

Have you ever been to Microsoft's "Port 25" website?[1]

If not, you should take a look. And while you're there, check out this
(old, but) interesting interview they did with Miguel de Icaza
(otherwise known as "Mr. GNOME")[2]

[1]http://port25.technet.com/
[2]http://preview.tinyurl.com/nmhfz

--