A new take on "If computers were cars.."

David M lists2007 at trancepod.34sp.com
Fri Oct 12 13:47:41 BST 2007

We've all heard the "If computers were cars.." jokes, and often they're
not very funny, but it looks there might actually be a grain of truth in
the analogy. It seems that in Cape Town, South Africa [as if anybody
here has any excuse for not knowing where it is], no less a personage
than Tux himself, and his other penguin friends, crawl down and get
dirty to help out with a bit of 'essential system maintenance' on
people's computers, err, cars..

..although it's perhaps more likely that Tux, as is his wont, is just
trying to find somewhere shady to snooze after a hearty meal..

http://lovecreative.typepad.com/love/2006/11/penguin_humour.html

(Actually, I owe a tip of the hat to The Times, but the images on the
above site are better:
<http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/travel_images/article2538256.ece>)

David.

--
David M.  Edinburgh, Scotland. ---- [en,fr,(de) <-- corrections welcome]
* Please only quote minimum required for context; interleave reply text.