Linux desktop lacks innovation

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:59:32 GMT 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 1:27 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if folks hereabouts saw this. I had hoped for more
> constructive comment and criticism than I got. Even the legal eagles
> at Groklaw missed my point and dismissed it as a troll.
>

> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/02/linux-innovation-missing
>
> Sundae Supplement
> Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it
>
> Extract:
> Executive summary for the terminally impatient
> Microsoft is complaining that "the Linux desktop including OpenOffice"
> infringes some 235 Microsoft patents. An objective comparison between
> the whole Linux desktop and Microsoft's Windows desktop shows that it
> has a good point; there are many resemblances, from trivial to
> profound. However, there are plentiful other non-Windows-like models
> of desktop to follow instead. At least two are already there:
> implemented, working and ready to use, complete with accessories. Two
> complete Free, open source desktops, radically different from anything
> Microsoft has patented. They're just not being used by any
> distributions.
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/liamproven
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884 • Fax: + 44 870-9151419
> AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
> Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508

Microsoft itself is not innocent regarding it's claims that Linux is
illegal.
Just recently Microsoft allowed illegitimized copies of their "Banditware
Windows"
to bypass WPA activation in WIndows XP.

I remember a commercial about endangered animals, that when "the buying
stops, the killing too."
Microsoft itself allows it's clients to be bandits, illigitimate users of
it's banditware,
for Microsoft, making their clients as bandits is important in their
business, because "When Piracy stops, so thus Microsoft too"..

This only means that Linux is really catching up!

As the old rule says, 20% of the entire Ubuntu users
make up the entire 80% of the Ubuntu popularity.
Hence, 80% of Canonical's earnings comes from the
20% of it's users, and 20% of Ubuntu developer's
efforts results to 80% of the OS's innovation and features.

The 20% (or the vital few) is what's really counts
and small vital efforts really results to big changes!

The more 20% there is, the faster the Linux market share grows!
I say, Hooray!

--
♐ Rules!!