Linux desktop lacks innovation

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:57:42 GMT 2007

> And what is my reaction to all this?
>
> I don't care.   I don't care who came up with the idea first. If it's
> good and I like it, that's all that matters to me.

Sure, that's pragmatic -- but greedy companies will not care. They equate
every square pixel on the screen with their own income and for
every "concept" that we find simply ordinary, they have a patent and several
large new yachts.

My question is : "When is rich rich enough?" I don't get the ever-spiraling
income of the super rich. I suppose it's down to stock-holders and economics,
but if MS where to throw open the doors and GPL every line of their code and
release all their patents they would *finally* be doing the human race an
actual favour.

/d

--
"Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool."
-- Voltaire