Linux desktop lacks innovation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 02:03:39 GMT 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 7:23 AM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 21:04 -0500, Cyrus Jones wrote:
> > Well said Mario!!!!
>
> Thx.  The funny thing is, if you build something that is different, some
> people bitch that it will never overcome MS dominance for being too hard
> to learn. If you build something that is similar, some people bitch that
> you are just a rip-off.

At the end of the day, if some users bitch about it being a rip-off of
someone else's work, it doesn't really matter. If a
multi-billion-dollar company bitches that it's a rip-off of their
legally-protected intellectual property, it's a problem. A big
problem. One the FOSS world is ignoring.

I am no MS sympathiser; I hate the company. It's a documented thief,
cheat and liar.

However, Microsoft has a point. The Linux desktop /is/ clearly and
demonstrably derived from or based upon Windows in many places. I
reckon this is a big, serious problem.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508