Linux desktop lacks innovation

Art Edwards edwardsa at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Wed Nov 14 05:20:59 GMT 2007

I don't really think the case will stand. The Apple desktop was stolen
by microsoft. The idea of windows is the central issue. The case is
reviewed at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_v._Microsoft

I actually think the courts got it wrong (the problem with Lawyers and
Judges thinking that they understand technical issues), but that is the
precedent. There, Apple was unable to gain protection for some 189
specific gui features.

Art Edwards