Linux desktop lacks innovation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:27:45 GMT 2007

Not sure if folks hereabouts saw this. I had hoped for more
constructive comment and criticism than I got. Even the legal eagles
at Groklaw missed my point and dismissed it as a troll.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/02/linux-innovation-missing

Sundae Supplement
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it

Extract:
Executive summary for the terminally impatient
Microsoft is complaining that "the Linux desktop including OpenOffice"
infringes some 235 Microsoft patents. An objective comparison between
the whole Linux desktop and Microsoft's Windows desktop shows that it
has a good point; there are many resemblances, from trivial to
profound. However, there are plentiful other non-Windows-like models
of desktop to follow instead. At least two are already there:
implemented, working and ready to use, complete with accessories. Two
complete Free, open source desktops, radically different from anything
Microsoft has patented. They're just not being used by any
distributions.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508