Everex's $198 Wal-mart PC - Ubuntu under the hood

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 4 19:28:00 GMT 2007

On 11/04/2007 10:06 AM, Waqas Toor wrote:
> On 11/4/07, Scott (angrykeyboarder) <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

>> I was downloading the ISO as I wrote this.
> me too :)

I find this interesting... the iso won't fit on a CD:
http://www.thinkgos.com/dev/gOS/ticket/7
http://www.thinkgos.com/downloads.html
[Download the ISO, burn it to a DVD]

Yet the base system that they are selling in Wal-Mart doesn't have a DVD
burner, only CDRW:
http://www.thinkgos.com/products.html
[gOS Operating System
VIA C7-D 1.5GHZ Processor
512MB RAM, 80GB HD, CDRW/DVD]

Seems as if they need to either trim the iso a little, or replace the
base hardware with a CDRW/DVDRW. Some of the folks that buy those will
want to download a backup iso only to find that the equipment that
they've purchased can't burn a DVD.

In any event I wish them luck as I definitely would like to see the
effort succeed.