Got Gutsy DVDs?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 4 18:56:22 GMT 2007

On 11/04/2007 02:57 AM, Toby Smithe wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 11:38 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 11/01/2007 03:56 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>
>> >   I'm downloading the DVD now to see if perhaps I can actually install
>> > _without_ an existing connection. If so, I'll send her the DVD to try.
>>
>> Well... so much for downloading the DVD. Tried for two days using both
>> the standard browser download and wget, and both terminate at
>> 4,294,934,360 - File size limit exceeded (core dumped).  I guess it's
>> back to the users list for me.
>
> Are you downloading onto a FAT filesystem?

That indeed was the problem. Shortly after posting on the user list, I
found that FAT32 has a size limitation of 4G. I had been downloading to
a dual boot WinXPPro drive as it had 20G of free space on it vs my 7.10
drive. I converted the FAT32 drive to NTFS using the convert.exe command
& download finally completed a-ok. Now off to complete md5sum and try a
fresh install on a test machine with no network connection.