BBC campaign...

Malcolm Yates mdy at ubuntu.com
Thu May 10 21:11:23 BST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 15:23:06 Tristan Wibberley wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 09:48 +0100, Chris Puttick wrote:
> > I've just watched the BBC technology news programme "Click". They have
> > an historic "disbelief" in Linux as an operating system. However, it
> > seemed that Dell announcing they would preinstall Ubuntu should be
> > worthy of mention, if only in the humour section ;) but apparently
> > not.
>
> Of course not. When they covered the industry event at which Nokia
> launched the N800, a whole new form factor for personal communication,
> they didn't even blink. Instead they devoted tons of time to a dull
> little telephone whose only interesting feature was that it didn't have
> mechanical buttons.
>
> Does anybody take BBC technology reporting seriously anymore? I stopped
> paying attention when they provided advertising services for some
> struggling PC-to-PC comms company who'd just discovered X tunnelling
> through ssh.

Frankly Click takes the reporting of technology to a new low. I have no idea
if they even understand who their target audience is.... shame on them, but
you only have to look at how Horizon has gone down the pan in an attempt
to 'simplify' science

Malc

--
***** Please note the new address and telephones !! *****