[Security] Nearly had heart attack ! :-O

Roberto Rojas simply.snake at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:11:08 GMT 2007

On 3/14/07, Conrad Knauer <atheoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might want to check for other open ports BTW; go System ->
> Administration -> Network Tools, click on the Port Scan tab and scan your IP
> address.

I wanna try that, but I'm behind a router, so "my" IP (the one my ISP give
me) is the router IP,
bwhind that router are my computer and my father's computer
so how can I see what ports are open on my machine?

btw,
To Vincent: have you considered using a router between your computer and the
internet? some (like mine) have a biult-in firewall that is configurable,
with blacklist and whitelist for ports and/or protocols, and are not too
expensive

--
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
                -- Mark Twain