How much karma should one have before applying to becoming a member.

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:48:34 GMT 2007

On 12/5/06, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a new contributor to Ubuntu and am a bit confused about the karma
> thing.

Join the club. ;)

How does one get 10 million points?  And more practical to me, How many
> debugging points before one is considered for membership?

Launchpad karma appears fairly random, to be honest. I'm a sporadic bug
reporter at best, so I won't touch LP for weeks at a time and I'll log in to
find my karma *up* for some reason. Then it'll go down again...

My karma appears to have wandered down to 0 currently; no doubt I'll log in
ten days from now to find it's up to 5,542 or something. Or 55,542, it's
hard to tell with LP karma.

So much of the activity that's considered when you apply for membership
isn't reflected in karma that I wouldn't worry about it. Just do things,
make sure they're documented, and ignore the meanderings of your karma
score.

Brian
www.ubuntu-ca.org