Mr. Shuttleworth gets quote mined (and probably should blog to clear this up)

Arwyn Hainsworth arwynh+ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:14:48 BST 2007

On 26/06/07, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:

> Op dinsdag 26-06-2007 om 01:43 uur [tijdzone +0900], schreef Arwyn
> Hainsworth:
> > But then you lose part of the context in which the original statement
> > was made, so people joining half-way through could get confused. Both
> > ways have their pluses and minuses.
>
> Well, most of the time I get seriously confused because there is no clue
> what part of the message/thread below a message people are answering to.

And that is where the "well phrased" part comes in. I mentioned it in my
last mail, but it seems to have been edited out. Oops. See what I mean?

Let's just agree that kids these days just can't write articulate mail, even
if threatened to be fed to a hungry 6ft tall toad with 10 leg, 3 arms and an
iPod (every one seems to have them these days). And that if everyone wrote
mail in an easy to understand manner, then we wouldn't be having this
discussion because posting top or bottom wouldn't really matter that much.

I guess I still think that on the question of top or bottom posting, apart
from personal preference, the fact that there is no correct answer is the
correct answer.

Arwyn