I'd like a "100"

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 05:56:47 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-19-06 at 22:32 -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> My computer works well, but not during the first week after
> an upgrade/install - and still, it's more of an "85" than a "100"...

I've never had a problem with upgrades/installs (except for my printer
going west on me and having to be re-added which was a pain in the butt
to diagnose).  But overall, my laptop works OK with Ubuntu.  And, as of
some upgrade I didn't notice so I can't pin-point it, I even gained the
ability to sleep it or hibernate it!  :O

Still, I'm about a 75.  Maybe an 85 if the modem isn't important (it
isn't to me).  Modem doesn't work.  3D acceleration doesn't work.  Sound
card doesn't work.

> Once it becomes relatively easy to buy a "100", we'll be a lot closer
> to closing bug #1.

When that day happens -- if it happens (I see some strong cultural
trends in the F/OSS movement that seem opposed to it happening!) -- I
think bug #1 will be history.

--
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> (GoogleTalk:
ttmrichter at gmail.com)