Microsoft signs up Linspire (Re: Microsoft signs up Xandros)

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Jun 15 10:50:20 BST 2007

Conrad Knauer spake thusly on 06/14/2007 11:28 PM:
> On 6/14/07, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>> So ok, what does this mean for CNR in Ubuntu?
>>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7103672739.html
>>> http://www.cnr.com/
>> Do you mean the CNR that will be ready in the second quarter, 2007?
>> Isn't it already past that date?
>
> <grin> Not quite; they still have two weeks ;)
>
>> Does anybody really care?
>
> That's the big question for Linspire; they're not really all that
> popular to begin with (even if you lump their market share with
> Freespire's) and angering the community with MS patent deals isn't
> going to help.  I was actually interested in seeing what their
> cross-distro CNR system was going to be like, but in the wake of this,
> I think I'll skip it.

I don't see how Linspire is going to financially benefit from my use of
CNR. I thought they were doing it for the 'good' of the community.

In other words, I see no reason to skip CNR. I think it's pretty damn
cool to be honest, and something the Linux community as a whole really
needs (or something similar).

> Ah well...  M$ is making choosing a distro soooo easy these days ;)

Indeed. I was "wowed" by Vista so I upgraded from XP a few months ago. ;)

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com