My Asus W3V Intel/PROSet Wireless problem

James Bond JamesBond007 at HotPOP.com
Fri Jun 1 01:44:57 BST 2007

Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu 7.04 on my ASUS W3V Laptop and I just love it.  But
I have one problem that I haven't been able to successfully get around.

When I connect the Ethernet cable, the internet works just great.  But, when
I try to use the Intel/PROSet Wireless A/B/G on my laptop, it keeps asking
me to supply with the correct 128-bit encryption key for my wireless router.
The hardware has been identified correctly by Ubuntu and when I put in the
WEP encryption key, it would say it has connected, but I am not able to
browse the internet.  After a minute or so, it will ask me to enter the
encryption key again!

How can I overcome this problem?  Please remember I am a newbie to Linux
when you give me instructions on how to solve the problem!:)

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

James