online article: MEPIS to switch from Ubuntu to Debian

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 31 02:57:11 BST 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
| http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6170488551.html
|
| MEPIS is switching back to Debian as its base instead of Ubuntu

I read that earlier. It kind of stinks, but then again, I guess they didn't
thoroughly read what LTS was all about. I just hope they picked up some
developers since they decided to change to an Ubuntu base last year. Prior to
coming to Kubuntu I was using Mepis, and the reason I ended up switching to
Kubuntu is because they had more bugs then a million people could track. I do
however feel they should have just followed our dev cycle instead of deciding
to stick with LTS, as this would have given them exactly what they wanted. It
has been just over a year and a half now since I switched, so I am hoping
they got better. Warren is a good dude, and it is hard for me to believe he
misread what LTS was all about. So when I head out east next month, I will
stop by his house and drop off a box of Kubuntu Feisty CDs :)

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124