does Ubuntu get the enterprise?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 25 13:24:48 GMT 2007

On Thu, January 25, 2007 2:14 pm, Michael T. Richter wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-25-01 at 12:02 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think it's nonsense. I don't feel safer with software if I
>> have to pay for it or not, what's important to me is the reputation of
>> the
>> software, its stability and security history.
>
> You are not a businessman, then, obviously.

No need to make your replies personal to me. Apart from anything else,
such simplistic remarks are pretty unhelpful - No, I'm not a businessman,
but Mark and others who developed the Canonical business model have been
pretty successful in multiple business projects. You're welcome to your
opinion, and that's respected, so there is no need to add things like that
to make it seem like your opinion is hard fact, when it's not.

A side note: I was happy to kick off the discussion, and I'll be following
it with interest, but by posting to sounder I didn't mean "please send me
a copy of any responses to this thread in my inbox".

I'll read the list, no need to cc: me. For more details, see
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/lists/etiquette#head-4b5a9f87b09948b1fe365a519f31ea2686a48f94

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org