Startup Sound: Vista versus Ubuntu

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 19 06:52:11 GMT 2007

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20070118/microsoft-startup-sound/

That article take a look at the process of creating the startup sound
in Vista and in Ubuntu.

In Vista?  "it took 18 months, 20 people and over 500 variations to
pick just a four-note melody that will be played over and over again
for years to come"

In Ubuntu?  "So I went on a hunt to find out exactly how many people
work on the Ubuntu startup sound, and to my surprise, there was only
one. User Pete Savage is the sole contributor and composer to the
"UbuntuSounds" project which is currently deciding on the new sound
scheme for the next release of Ubuntu."

--
Daniel Robitaille