Want to run LAMP server on Xubuntu

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Jan 11 10:18:31 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 14:54 +0530, Just Do it wrote:

> I tried few text browser W3M which come in default...it is handling
> HTML file well but ...when I tried to open a PHP file it is asking me
> to download file rather than rendering it.....

HA! :-)  That's not something that's wrong with that text-based browser,
but with your server configuration.

In your Apache config, you need to enable the PHP modules and make sure
that php pages are handled by php, not just offered as a downloadable
file.

Read the stuff on installing PHP (or LAMP in general) in the Ubuntu
wiki.

> In your first post, you have mentioned to change the option for
> installing atp-get from CD or Internet.....GUI...but I think I could
> do the same in command-line.....I hope I could figure it out...

Yes you can, in the sources.list in /etc/apt.   You'd have to check what
the alternate CD is called and then add it to that file as a source, I
think. (maybe someone else can confirm this)

Cheers,
Chanchao