*sigh* RMS vs. Linus .. blah blah (was Re: Posting to mailing lists (was re:Revolution OS))

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 1 22:24:24 GMT 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:26:39 +0000
Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, in order to find out that it would have been worth
> ignoring a post, you have to read it. Catch 22.

Once this thread started to get into slanging matches about Linus vs. RMS,
it was pretty predictable that it would ramble into some kind of
tangential discussion... I'm surprised that you continued to read it - my
excuse for doing so is that I find this kind of thing sort of amusing as an
interesting look into people's thought processes ( or sometimes, the lack
thereof)  ;-)

Cheers etc.

Peter