In the news: Eric S. Raymond shifts to Ubuntu

Christian Pfeiffer Jensen cj2003 at debian-news.net
Wed Feb 21 14:07:04 GMT 2007

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-February/msg01006.html

[quote]
This afternoon, I installed Edgy Eft on my main development machine --
from one CD, not five.  In less than three hours' work I was able to
recreate the key features of my day-to-day toolkit.  The
after-installation mass upgrade to current packages, always a
frightening prospect under Fedora, went off without a hitch.

I'm not expecting Ubuntu to be perfect, but I am now certain it will
be enough better to compensate me for the fact that I need to learn
a new set of administration tools.
 [/quote]