Ubuntu article in the Inquirer

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:31:33 GMT 2007

On 2/20/07, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The Inquirer  had this morning a little article on Ubuntu in which the
> author tried, then gave up on using Ubuntu:
>
> "Ubuntu spurns Microsoft's advances"
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37742

I have to agree with this article on one point: Samba is still too
clunky. I've been using Linux since 1993 and Windows longer and I
*still* often stumble over getting the two to talk to each other. I
realise this is mostly Microsoft's fault, of course, but it is a big
barrier to many people (especially Windows "power users" who think
they understand networking and have only ever used Windows boxes).

-Eamonn