Job postings

Chris Puttick cputtick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:06:58 GMT 2007

More team members always welcome - if nothing elseI could take the
quotation marks off the team word on the holding page...

I was planning to talk to Canonical about the idea today - as a
potential corporate customer, I'm sure they won't object ;-).

To clarify for others - the idea would be that anyone who has an
Ubuntu related job available could post it here (including Canonical,
I would hope!). This would cover both technical positions within
companies using or planning on using Ubuntu (like my situation), as
well as companies provide Ubuntu-related services. Being an inclusive
sort of chap, I wouldn't exclude any open source related position,
just as I don't exclude any open source software from my plans, I just
think an Ubuntu focused job board suits the strong community around
Ubuntu.

And given that the site has already had around 100 hits, may be it was
an itch waiting to be scratched!

I can provide hosting until it goes really crazy, but until I manage
to recruit a systems engineer, I'm pretty short of resource on
implementation, configuration and administration. Assuming Canonical
have no objections to the idea, I'll post the first job there sometime
today (GMT), and might be able to schedule some basic web design
input. I'd really like some sort of straightforward job board
software, but I've not yet found any that fit the bill.

Cheers

Chris

--
My employers website: http://thehumanjourney.net - opinions in this
email are however very much my own and may not reflect that of my