Anarchism FAQ?! WTF?...

chombee chombee at nerdshack.com
Tue Feb 13 12:08:56 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 15:56 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I don't think that the political position of this document is as much of an
> issue as the question of whether it's appropriate to distribute large
> documents, of no direct relevance to Ubuntu, in the form of Ubuntu packages
> simply for the sake of making them easy to install.  Works of literature,
> encyclopaedic content, etc. are subject to the same debate.
>
> There was a similar question in Debian some time ago, where I believe this
> same package was used as an example.

Maybe someone already said this but: doesn't the content of the
anarchist faq actually have some relevance to ubuntu and debian? We're
not an explicitly anarchist project but to me at least it seems that our
ways of doing things have a lot in common with anarchist principles and
practise. Open meetings, consensus decision making, anyone can
participate but no one is coerced into participating, etc. Much more
than we have in common with the usual capitalist way of running a
project. I think it is relevant.