"Microsoft is known as an open and fair softwarehouse..."

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Thu Feb 1 21:57:33 GMT 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Ari Torhamo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just had to share this with someone. Yesterday the Finnish computer
> magazine Tietokone (Computer) wrote in the news section of their web
> site about Microsoft trying to patent BlueJ's open source technology.
> The news article begins as follows:
>
> "Microsoft is known as an open and fair software house, but sometimes
> the Seattle based company also makes misjudgements..." (my translation
> from Finnish).

Here's another one from the article:

"In practise BlueJ competes with MS Visual Studio in schools. It utilizes
Sun Java, which MS obviously can't put up with, because that would keep
the coders from being committed to C# and Visual Studio."

It seems that some of those who commented the article got really upset
about it and complained how biased the magazine has become.. I, on the
other hand, got very amused :)