online article: MEPIS to switch from Ubuntu to Debian

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:44:55 BST 2007

On 8/7/07, Scott (angrykeyboarder) <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> Martin Pitt spake thusly:
> > Per request we can sync from
> > anywhere else, too (incoming and experimental being the most popular
> > sources).
>
> I'm curious - when you say "per request", whose request are you speaking of?

Not to speak for Martin Pitt, but... here is one place to start:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment

In the contents section of that page, look especially at the section
called "Syncing and Merging."

(I've been learning about this process from Backports, which of course
provides a way to get an update into an existing release.)