Shortage of IT people ?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Sep 25 01:57:42 BST 2006

<quote who="Vincent Trouilliez">

> But... I keep an eye on the employment page on ubuntu.com, and it seems
> that job ads just keep piling up... unanswered :-(

I think 'unanswered' is a bit incorrect, perhaps 'thus far unfulfilled' (in
public) might be closer to the mark. ;-)

It's worth pointing out that some of those gigs (Kernel, Mozilla, OOo) are
*extremely* hard to find qualified people for. Most of them are already
employed by other organisations (distros, ISVs, etc). It's hard enough to
get good hackers in some of the 'smaller' big-ticket projects (like Samba,
GNOME, etc)...

- Jeff

    "MySQL supporters are like people who believe that the moon landings
    were a hoax. No matter what contrary information they're confronted
         with, they still consider MySQL to be the best." - ttfkam