CoC, please [Re: Thought - Delay auto-updates...]

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Fri Sep 22 19:42:29 BST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:33:57PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 09:17:49AM +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin said:
> > >
> > not at all. I said that the updates should not be delayed. That way people
>
> In the spirit of the personal attacks you placed in nearly every
> paragraph of your missive, I'll give it all the reply it deserves:

While it did have a few personal jabs (despite it's directive to
"refrain from making this personal"), I believe your statement above is a
gross exaggeration.

> That's a stupid idea.  Don't bother responding.

Just because someone gets personal does not give you an excuse to stoop
to their level. Which is less mature, "Please think about your
suggestions before submitting them", or "That's a stupid idea"? At the
very least, you could keep such attacks off the list, so the rest of us
don't have to play audience to this (not that that resolves the CoC
issue).

Let's please do respect the CoC and keep a civil tongue on this mailing
list, even in the face of those who may occaisionally stray from it. If
you find that you cannot write a response without keeping a measure of
tact and diplomacy, please refrain from writing one at all (to
paraphrase what our mothers have told us since early childhood).

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/