Ubuntu logo/Mandelbrot set separated at birth?

Don Scorgie DonScorgie at Blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 18:06:35 BST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 12:13 +0100, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> This is just a random thought and may be old news, but is the
> similarity between Ubuntu's logo and the Mandelbrot set [1] a
> coincidence or by design? I could imagine a connection between the
> ideas of "order through chaos" and the free software movement being on
> purpose, but that may be just me reaching a bit....

apparently unlike everyone else on the list, I've always noticed the
similarity.  Maybe its my maths background.  I always figured it was
common knowledge and part of the design :)

Oh well, guess I'm just strange.

Don
--
DonS on irc.gimp.org