edgy

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Sep 6 14:34:53 BST 2006

Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:

> has anybody tried kubuntu?

after hearing about upstart, I went straight back to edgy (third try).  It's
looking pretty good.  Upstart has a few issues, but then that's not part of
the default edgy, anyway.  I also have an issue with losing my swap
partition at least once a day - but I'm fairly certain that's related to
boinc (which I've only recently started using) not edgy.  Whatever it is,
the swap just silently gets disabled - no log messages that I've found -
and my first indication is when CPU goes to 100% and everything locks up.
If I manage to get a chance to execute "swapon -a" everything goes back to
normal.  The only other issue I have is with knetworkmanager - it keeps
dropping my wireless connection (might actually be wpa_supplicant).  That
_does_ seem to be edgy related, but I haven't figured out what's happening
there, yet.
--
derek