Edgy in the news

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon Oct 30 06:15:28 GMT 2006

Conrad Knauer spake thusly on 10/29/2006 09:30 PM:
> On 10/29/06, James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com> wrote:
>>> I mean isn't the point of Ubuntu to be a Desktop OS?
>> /me points at server install option and says "hmmm?"
>
> Server has its own install CD these days....

I guess someone forgot to tell the Ubuntu and Kubuntu desktop folks that.

It's still an option from the menu and has been ever since the regular
server distro was released. Actually, when I first started using Ubuntu
(Horay) I recall a server option then as well.

If I recall correctly the main difference between the server edition and
the others is it gives you a quick and dirty way to install LAMP.
Having not tried it before, I can only speak from what I recall reading.

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com