I tried to upgrade to Edgy

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 15:42:10 BST 2006

I tried upgrading a friend's computer and it failed too.  I put notes
of what went wrong here:
http://limulus.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/edgy-misadventures/

However, I was successful in upgrading my computer, though there were
a couple hiccups. I'll post the notes for that soon.

Based on my experience, I would say that you should use the Live CD to
backup your home dir (if you didn't before you tried upgrading), then
install Edgy with the Live CD and copy the home dir back.

CK