I tried to upgrade to Edgy

Edward Craig epcraig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 15:14:06 BST 2006

I failed.
My surmise is that among the graphical applications I should have
exited is the Screen Saver, as when I noticed it frozen,  the disc
access LED was solid on. Rebooting (which I could accomplish omly via
a reset) failed on an X error message indicating missing X
configuration files.
It took a bit more than the 19 hours predicted to download over a
dialup 56 modem, like about 41, but I think that's irrelevent, albeit
Perxhance someone here can instuct me in how to recover my hosed
system, else I'll  reinstall, eventually.
Live CD's are useful as stopgap.

Edward P. Craig
"Think this through with me. Let me know your mind"      Hunter/Garcia