"Desktop effects" team on Malone ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Oct 25 00:07:13 BST 2006

Hi,

I read SABDFL's announcement for Feisty, looks like compiz (or such)
will be installed by default ? If that's the case, then I would love to
report the problems I am having with Compiz on Edgy at the moment, in a
hope they might be fixed by the time Feisty is released.
ISTR that recently a launchpad "team" was formed precisely to look
after desktop effect to make sure they work as well as possible, so I
guess that's where I should report my compiz bugs ?
But can someone please help me to find "teams" in launchpas ?
I have not yet passed my PhD in Launchpad science, so I am still 100%
lost in its user interface, and can't find anything that looks like a
team.

The best I can do/improvise is:

go to  www.launchpad.net

in the drop down "Launchpad menu, I select "distribution", then
"Ubuntu".
Then all I can see is to do with "features", "bugs", "support" and
"translation".. nothing about "teams"... help ! ;-)

To be honnest I am rather surprised that all leading distributions
(Mandrake, Fedora, now Ubuntu, don't know about Suse) now enable compiz
by default. It was like pre-alpha, proof of concept software when it
was released 9 months ago in Dapper in January or so IIRC, I thought it
would take at least 2 years for the thing to mature enough for
"production" use so to speak. Have the compiz (suse ?) guys worked 24/7
on it, or are the distros just playing the russian roulette ???

Anyhow, again, if it's by miracle mature enough and Ubuntu seriously
considers enabling it, then I guess it's my duty ;-) to report the
problems I have with it on my machine.

--
Vince