Reversion to Dapper Artwork

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Oct 12 19:16:57 BST 2006

Mark Shuttleworth spake thusy:

> So. I'm continuing to speak with the AiC and art community members (we
> have had a series of conference calls in recent days, trying to converge
> on a good looking result). I hope we can get a set that rocks in place,
> but I'm not going to delay Edgy for that.

Why not delay Edgy?  From what I've seen it doesn't have any "must have"
features (at least as far as the enterprise is concerned).   I'd rather
see a delay which results in a better product (artwork and otherwise)
than rushing to get it out the door this month.

Dapper had a 6-week delay. Did anyone suffer?  Seriously, Fedora has a
6-month cycle as well, but more often than not they delay releases.
Does it make a difference in the end? :-)

Not to mention, Edgy is released this month it will be with Firefox 2.0
beta.  The final isn't due till next month.

Speaking of that... would it be updated anyway under such circumstances?

But I digress......

I can't see that users would object to a delay in the release in Edgy.
I'm still seeing lots of bugs.  It would allow more time to get more of
them squashed also.

Just my (USD) $.02

--
	Scott