Freespire's Google ads: "What is Ubuntu Missing?"

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Fri Oct 6 13:32:21 BST 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 04:31:01PM +0700, Chanchao said:

> This is getting pretty philosophical.. In rigidly pursuing absolute
> Freedom, people can't play their music without jumping through hoops..

This is what I was talking about.  If you're not happy with Ubuntu
because it isn't Freespire, shouldn't you be working on Freespire?
Their goals sound more compatible with yours.  If Ubuntu changes its
goals to be the same as Freespire's, what's the point in HAVING an
Ubuntu?  Other than the amusement our colleagues on other projects
derive from deriving variations on the name, of course.

--
   Shawn McMahon    |
   EIV Consulting   | Peace is a symptom of victory.