Freespire's Google ads: "What is Ubuntu Missing?"

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Oct 1 17:48:44 BST 2006

Op zo, 01-10-2006 te 23:08 +1000, schreef Peter Garrett:
> *Sigh* if any proof were needed that Linspire do not understand Free
> and Open Source Software, here it is.

They are a company that knows what their strong points are, compared to
e.g. Ubuntu, and they are trying to get people to know those strong
points.  That's about the definition of "marketing" b.t.w.  ;-)

I don't think this has anything to do with "understanding open source",
other than that we have some problems when using pure "free software"
that they say they can fix.  Maybe they understand open source better
than some of us, at least from certain points of view...

I think those ads are provocative, but it's up to us to respond and get
our message through...

--
Jan Claeys