[ubuntu-TR press release about investigation [was Re: please support]

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:04:50 GMT 2006

Hi t u,

t u wrote:
> I read your press release (which was in Turkish, sent to the ubuntu-tr
> list) and voiced my strong concerns with it there. I would like to voice
> my concerns once more here in English, (more publically).

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this. It sounds like there has been
a lot of misunderstandings here, and it is good to see that you're
trying to get this all cleared up. It would very good to get the Kurdish
Lo-Co Team to voice their views on this as well, but I hope that they're
at least talking directly to Jono instead.

[..]
> I would like to ask Ubuntu developers, the marketing team, and Mr.
> Shuttleworth not to allow a press release that is not dissected with
> care by an informed community.
> Also, my personal message to ubuntu-tr, please do not release a press
> statement if it will encourage censorship and prohibition of free speech.
>
> Thanks and I'm sorry to bother everyone with this issue.

I find that this is certainly not a bother, least of all on the Sounder
list which was specifically designed for such discussions. I hope that
the views of the Ubuntu community is clearly expressed in the Ubuntu
Philosophy [http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/philosophy] - as far as I can
see, you are representing that philosophy quite clearly in your 5-point
statement here.

I hope that the ubuntu-tr and the ubuntu-ku Lo-Co teams can find an
amicable solution to this based on the above principles.

Best regards,

Andreas

--
https://launchpad.net/people/lloydinho