Oops, re aptitude : was [Re: Edgy in the news]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Nov 25 09:45:19 GMT 2006

[sorry Matt, the pesky list reply again]

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 20:56 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> The official documentation *is* produced by the community.

This starts to confuse the hell outta me. Now is it official or isn't
it. By "official" I mean, can I trust as a user that the instructions
given are reasonable correct? Matthew seems to say "no" [1]

"We obviously have a problem with this - everyone on this thread has
referred to that page as being "official" Ubuntu documentation.

In fact, as you can see by the "Community" tab, it's simply
documentation written by the community, and is not either "official" or
"by Canonical".

It looks like we need to work on how we communicate the reliability of
these wiki pages (so cc:ing to the documentation team mailing list).

Note that the warning you cite wasn't then until yesterday, when I added
it."

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2006-October/009040.html