manage photos

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Nov 21 15:46:25 GMT 2006

Nagy Gábor <maillist at sign-el-soft.hu> wrote:
> Thank for the answer.
> I have uploaded a new version, which didn't require the above mentioned
> library.
> Please download it and try it again!

Ah, okay, it works now, at last ;-)

Well, I just played 5 minutes with it, but I really don't like it at all.
I guess I am not part of the targeted audience then...
At the very least, for it to interest ubuntu user, it should have a nice a native Gnome GUI, so it integrates perfectly with the desktop, and is more intuitive to use.
You still have not pointed me to the source code BTW (you said it as free). If it's not open source, I can't see how it could be included in the Ubuntu repositories, well it could, but again, for photo management there is already F-Spot, and for quick viewing of pictures, there is GQview which I find unbeatable. In short, I don't see the added value in that program, compared to existing open source alternatives. Anyway, you have advertised it now, so people know about it now, hence can use it if they are interested in it.

--
Vince