User paid to uninstall Windows XP

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Nov 17 18:41:56 GMT 2006

Andy wrote:

> On 16/11/06, Scott <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
>> He needs to get out more.
>>
>> http://system76.com/index.php/cPath/1
>>
>> http://www.linuxcertified.com/
>>
>> http://www.emperorlinux.com/
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2131977033.html
>
> considering the guy comes from Sheffield in the UK, why are are those
> links to U.S. sites with prices in dollars? 2 of them do seem to do
> international shipping, one charges an additional fee, depending on
> weight, the other requires you to email them for a quote.

Considering Scott comes (presumably) from the US, that's just what's easier
to find.

> Get out more?????? Just because he doesn't live in the U.S. you
> suggest he should go there for a laptop? I thought it would be obvious
> he was from the U.K. it was on the BBC's webpage and has a .uk tld,

Still, he made a blanket statement.  I think it's probably actually
correct - no laptop _maker_ ships a laptop with Linux preinstalled - but
laptops with Linux on are easy enough to buy.

> Laptops are not cheap,

Point of view, I guess...
--
derek