[GNU/FSF Press] Press release: FSF announces release of gNewSense 1.0

Alexander Jacob Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 06:58:35 GMT 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 14:59, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> that's what I thought as well...until I saw Jerome reply earlier
> mentionning ipw2200.    I know by experience that this particular driver
> is not in linux-restricted-modules since I use it for wireless on this
> laptop with restricted disabled.
>
> So maybe my kernel is less free that I thought it was, even by removing
> restricted from my sources.list...
Main has non-free firmware and fonts:

"The licences for software applications in main must be free, but main may
also may contain binary firmware and selected fonts that cannot be modified
without permission from their authors." [1]

Any other non-free software which is bundled with Ubuntu si found in
restricted, not main.

Sasha

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/components